Yeah this definitely speaks to me. Honestly I consciously have chosen to to go faster in my life in my education and my responsibilities. I've tried to figure out why. Why do I have this need to be busy? The only answer I've come up with is that I'm afraid of having nothing to do. I need responsibility to keep me going and get me up in the morning. But, that doesn't mean I haven't thought about what my life might be like if I had chosen to slow down and maybe not do as much. I don't know if I'd be happier or sadder. But anyway I really enjoyed this picture and your thoughts on it. I also enjoyed the thoughts about the other options and what it might have said if the others were chosen. Great work!
Emily, I’m very impressed with your commitment to getting this photo! Planning out trying to get a yellow light picture while you’re driving requires skill and quite a bit of luck. :) I like how your caption and your comments in class bring up the reality that with going faster or going slower, there’s not exactly a right answer. Typically you can do either with no real negative consequences. But I wonder how many following things it affects in our experiences on the road and in life. Is it a chain of events that eventually lead to very different destinations? Or does it simply affect the journey?
Yeah this definitely speaks to me. Honestly I consciously have chosen to to go faster in my life in my education and my responsibilities. I've tried to figure out why. Why do I have this need to be busy? The only answer I've come up with is that I'm afraid of having nothing to do. I need responsibility to keep me going and get me up in the morning. But, that doesn't mean I haven't thought about what my life might be like if I had chosen to slow down and maybe not do as much. I don't know if I'd be happier or sadder. But anyway I really enjoyed this picture and your thoughts on it. I also enjoyed the thoughts about the other options and what it might have said if the others were chosen. Great work!
ReplyDeleteEmily, I’m very impressed with your commitment to getting this photo! Planning out trying to get a yellow light picture while you’re driving requires skill and quite a bit of luck. :) I like how your caption and your comments in class bring up the reality that with going faster or going slower, there’s not exactly a right answer. Typically you can do either with no real negative consequences. But I wonder how many following things it affects in our experiences on the road and in life. Is it a chain of events that eventually lead to very different destinations? Or does it simply affect the journey?
ReplyDelete